Mairelys Rodríguez, DMD, MSD, MS is an experienced specialist in Orthodontics and Dento-facial Orthopedics; she enjoys treating children as well as adults. Dr. Rodríguez's motto is Care, Courtesy and Commitment - striving for excellence with a personal touch.
After graduating from the University of Miami, Dr. Rodríguez attended the University of Pennsylvania School Of Dental Medicine, one of the nation's oldest and most elite dental schools. She graduated valedictorian, at the top of her class, receiving a dual degree; her Doctorate in Dental Medicine (DMD) as well as a Masters of Sciences in Higher Education (MSD). Dr. Rodríguez graduated with the highest honors and was a recipient of numerous awards.
Dr. Rodríguez was immediately granted the opportunity to advance her specialty education in Orthodontics through the University of Pennsylvania's Post-Doctoral Orthodontic Program, one of the premier orthodontic programs in the country. Dr. Rodríguez earned her Certificate in Orthodontics as well as her Masters of Science in Oral Biology (MS) from the University of Pennsylvania. She has continued her affiliation with the Orthodontic Department and the American Association of Orthodontists.
After years of Ivy League education, Dr. Rodríguez has dedicated her practice of orthodontics to create beautiful and healthy smiles, providing the highest standards of care and maximum comfort in a unique family and friendly environment. She embraces the latest technology and newest techniques, devoting many hours a year to continuing education in order to provide you and your family with the latest and the best care possible. Dr. Rodriguez will offer you all the choices and options available for your treatment today and review those of the future. She is also an Invisalign Preferred Provider and Lingual Braces Certified. Dr. Rodriguez can focus on dental corrections as well as the control and modification of facial growth, dento-facial orthopedics: TREATING FACES, CREATING BEAUTIFUL SMILES in the most ecofriendly and modern practice.
While most of Dr. Rodriguez's time is devoted to her patients and the furthering of orthodontics in the community that she loves, free time is spent traveling and sharing laughter and love with her husband, Dr. Tomas Marrecau and her son. As a family, they enjoy nature as well as learning and experiencing other cultures.
- 2003 - Inducted to the Matthew Cryer Honor Society
- 2003 - Inducted Omicron Kappa Upsilon (OKU), the International Dental Honor Society
- 2003 - Inducted Omicron Kappa Upsilon (OKU), National Chapter of the Dental Honor Society
- 2003 - Award of Excellence in Periodontics
- 2003 - Award of Excellence in Prosthodontics
- 2003 - Award of Excellence in Dental Materials
- 2003 - The Academy of Dental Materials Award
- 2003 - The American Academy of Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology Award
- 2003 - The Quintessence Award for Clinical Achievement in Periodontics
- 2003 - The Anna & Dr. Louis Wolf Scholarships.
- 2001 - The ALPHA OMEGA International Dental Fraternity Scholarship
- 1998 - Induction to Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- 1998 - Golden Key Honor Societies
- AAO: American Association of Orthodontists;
- SAO: Southern Association of Orthodontists;
- FAO: Florida Association of Orthodontists;
- SFAO: South Florida Association of Orthodontists;
- ALAO: American Lingual Association of Orthodontists;
- OKU: Omicron Kappa Upsilon; Honorary Dental Society;
- Smiles Change Lives;